HSE Preschool Operations Plan 2020-2021
100% In Person (Mondays-Thursdays)
If your child has an IEP, he/she can attend school 4 days per week (Mondays-Thursdays), and transportation will be provided.
If your family pays tuition, your child will attend the number of days you selected upon registration, with a slight alteration. Families who selected two days will be in person on Tuesdays and Thursdays and pay $120 per month. Families who selected three days will be in person on Mondays and Wednesdays and pay $120 per month. Families who selected five days will be in person Mondays-Thursdays and pay $240 per month.
Hours for the morning class will be 8:55-11:25 a.m. Doors will open for dismissal at 11:15 a.m.
Hours for the afternoon class will be 1:20-3:50 p.m. Doors will open for dismissal at 3:40 p.m.
Fridays will be a combination of e-learning, virtual instruction, or in-person learning on an appointment basis depending on individual student need. Student’s teacher of record will contact families on any Friday instruction.
We ask you to partner with us and screen your child before sending him to school. Symptoms include:
Fever of 100.4F or greater;
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing;
- Repeated shaking with chills;
- Muscle pain;
- Sore throat; and
- New loss of taste or smell.
If your child is ill, your child’s teacher or the Preschool secretary may ask if the child is exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19.
If your child receives a positive text or is exposed to COVID-19, please contact Dr. Kelli Servizzi, Preschool Coordinator, at 317-915-4250 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Preschool Face Coverings
- Children must wear face coverings on the bus.
- Children must wear face coverings entering and exiting the building during drop off/pick up. Family members must wear one as well.
- Preschool age students are not required to wear a mask in the classroom setting.
- Staff will wear face coverings at all times.
- School will provide social stories upon request to help your child understand face coverings. Please help us by practicing wearing masks at home.
- Parents may also choose to have their preschool age student wear a mask in the classroom setting. If you would like your child to wear a mask in the classroom setting, please contact your teacher to let them know of this expectation.
- Preschool age students may be required to wear a mask at certain times or in certain settings as directed by the classroom teacher.
*Fishers Health Department Order November 13, 2020: This Order applies to all individuals 5 years of age and older, and therefore mandates all K-12 students to wear face coverings, in addition to all faculty, staff, vendors, contractors, volunteers, and visitors to the educational institution.
Drop Off/Pick Up
- Buses will be thoroughly cleaned before and after routes.
- Children must wear masks on the bus.
- All children will wash their hands when entering the classroom.
- Staff will sanitize their hands after each child is taken.
- We ask for your partnership and patience as drop off/pick up may take longer than usual. We also ask you wear a mask during this time.
- Please refer to previously provided documents with your specific Preschool location’s procedures.
- Please provide a change of clothes your child’s teacher may keep at school.
- We understand children have items that comfort them, but toys, blankets, stuffed animals, etc., need to remain at home.
- Each child was given a supply bag at the beginning of virtual instruction. Please put your child’s name on it and return to school.
- Snack and water will be individually wrapped or served by a staff member. Unless medically required, no outside food may be provided.
- You may provide a water bottle for your child.
- All hard surfaces will be thoroughly cleaned before and after class and after each use.
- Soft items, like stuffed animals, play clothing, etc., have been removed.
- Children will stay with their classmates for the duration of the school day. Classes will not combine.
- Learning may take place outside as much as possible.
- Only one class will be on the playground at a time.
- Items such as shovels and buckets, chalk, pots and pans, etc., will be put away. Ride-on cars will be wiped down after each use.
Virtual instruction will remain an option through the school year. Virtual instruction will include a combination of synchronous and asynchronous Zoom sessions. Possible Zooms are live interactions with a classroom, small group with a teacher, and pre-recorded lessons. The cost for virtual instruction will remain $80 per month.